Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Shanghai: The Bund









One of the most famous things about Shanghai is The Bund and the view you get of the skyline from the promenade. I didn't spend a lot of time here, but the time I did spend was pretty memorable and full of photo opportunities.

My first full day in Shanghai I went in the evening after wandering over from People's Park and Nanjing Lu. In China, there is always a crowd, but I saw a massive one and decided to follow it. It was a nice sight to walk to, and I got some wonderful pictures of some of the old European buildings as well as the new skyline on the opposite side of the river. 

After taking in this gorgeous display and generally enjoying being near the river, I met up with some friends and went to the {almost} top of the building that looks like a bottle opener. Friends, I am not scared of heights, but I got a little woozy when I got out of the elevator at the 100th floor. No pictures of that {sorry!) due to a dead phone, but just look at the skyline: it's not even the tallest building!

And, of course, I'm including a few daytime pictures {as always, ignore the flyaway hair, hmm?}.

No comments:

Post a Comment