Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes

You know how life has a funny way of letting you get comfortable and then throwing a curve-ball your way? That happens all the time in China. Rules change all the time, seemingly without reason or notice.

Recently, we were all called into a meeting at work hosted by a regional manager and lots of HR people. Scary much? I can't tell you why the meeting was called, but I CAN tell you my own personal outcome: I'm moving in May.

Part of me was thrilled. I get to go to another city in China! My company is going to pay for it! Maybe another promotion! Part of me was dismayed: I finally felt settled in Tianjin. I have friends, I know my way around without using taxis, I have a Chinese tutor, and I {finally} feel like part of community.

I think, overall, this is a blessing in disguise. One of the {many} reasons I'm here is to challenge myself. and to see the world. I can't do either if I am so comfortable that I never want to leave my little apartment. So, over the next few months, I'm going to write a Tianjin and Beijing Bucket List, ruthlessly cull the belongings in my apartment, and get ready for a new adventure!

And I have some exciting plans for the blog. It is part of my New Year's resolution to stop feeling sorry for myself {which I have been doing lately}, get off my butt, and record the awesome things I get to do as an expat. So, you can expect more updates with good pictures, and for me to be more present here. It will happen.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment