Sunday, August 11, 2013

August Goals

Since I've come to China I've kind of fallen off the goal bandwagon. Well, that's not exactly true; I have goals and keep track of them on my bathroom mirror. But, I haven't been keeping track of them here, and I've lost some accountability in that way.

I know it's not quite the beginning of August {oops}, but here are the goals I'm working on:

1. Find a new apartment: My lease is up at the end of September, but I'd like to move by the beginning of that month. Since I'll be traveling in October, I don't want to have to deal with moving, packing for a trip, and pre-planning my lessons all in the same week. One thing at a time, friends.

2. Visit the Tianjin Eye {yes, it's a big Ferris wheel}, the Buddhist Monastery, & take another cooking class. I live in CHINA; I need to explore more!

3. Write 6,000 words of my memoir. Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm writing one. I don't know if it will ever be published, but I'm writing it for myself with the hope of turning it into a longer project.

4. Register and prepare for the NRPA conference I'll be attending when I visit home in October.

5. Read 6 books: admittedly, this is a lofty goal, and I have only read one so far. I have some catching up to do.

6. Buy a plane ticket home: I've already done this, but it was on the original goal list, so I felt the need to include it. I'm proud of myself because instead of buying it with my American bank card, I did it in China with a Chinese travel agency.

7. Clean out my "closet." I don't have much of a closet here, but I'm amassing too many things {and some things are waaay too big, yay} and I need to stop that nonsense! I've actually accomplished this one, for the most part, but I'll do another clean-out right before I move.

What are some goals you're working on this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment