Monday, August 19, 2013

20 Facts.

I love memes. I do. I have no idea why, but I suspect that I'm secretly hoping that my narcism will result in everyone thinking I am fabulous and interesting. On the other hand, I have a few new readers, so when I saw this on the Shine Project I decided to jump in. Enjoy!

1. I always carry a book with me, wherever I go, just in case I have time to read.

2. My favorite food in China is ma la tang, or "spicy numbing soup" with boiled vegetables. I credit it to both my weight-loss and decent health amidst the pollution {LOTS of garlic} and I eat it at least 2-3 times per week.

3. I detest ironing. I get my work uniform dry-cleaned so I don't have to iron.

4. Minnie Mouse is my favorite Disney character.

5. Working at Disney World in college was the best decision I ever made.

6. I'm trying to learn Chinese. I can say some basic things, ask basic questions, and recognize about 25 characters. Progress!

7. I can phonetically read Hebrew. I don't understand it, but I can tell you what the words sound like.

8. I still want to be a Camp Director when I grow up.

9. My friends have a running bet on whether I'll bring a Chinese baby home with me.

10. I love pub trivia. I'm just a bit obsessive about it.

11. I'm a Trekkie {Live Long and Prosper, y'all}.

12. I'm going to Tokyo in October!

13. I didn't own a smart phone until this past April. I probably still wouldn't if I didn't live in China {translation app, anyone?}.

14. I hate talking on the phone. Text me anytime.

15. I miss being on a challenge course, like whoa. I need to go climbing, somewhere.

16. When I was a kid I wanted to be a teacher. In high school everyone told me I was going to be a teacher and I was adamant that I didn't want to do that. Now, I'm a teacher. Irony.

17. Some days I'd kill for a Reese's peanut butter cup. Good luck with that in China.

18. I don't believe in "the one."

19. Christmas is this Jewish girl's favorite holiday {the lights are so pretty!}.

20. I signed a contract with my job for another year. Here's to Round 2 of China, y'all!

What are some interesting things about you?

1 comment:

  1. From one lover of Reese's to another -- are you allowed to receive Reese's in the mail?

    ReplyDelete