Friday, August 09, 2013

Planning a Vacation

I've never really been the one to plan a vacation. I've taken many vacations. I've been on many international trips and recently took a trip to Thailand. Somehow, though, I haven't ever been THE PLANNER. When my family travels to Disney World, we kind of play it by ear, and do things as we'd like, no planning involved. Even in Thailand, I waited until I got there to figure out what to do.

But, I recently booked a flight to visit home with a layover in Tokyo. Y'all, Tokyo has been on my Bucket List for awhile. I've wanted to go to Japan ever since I started touring the World Showcase at EPCOT. I have to say, it is SO much fun planning this trip. I get to pick where I'm staying, what I'm doing, what I'm seeing. It's the best!

Here are the top five things I'm trying to do in Tokyo:

1. The Fish Market: I'll be honest, I am NOT getting up at 3:00am to see the auction. It's highly restrictive and though it would be interesting, it seems rude to gawk at folks just trying to do their jobs. However, I DO want to go EAT the fish. The meals here are supposed to put American sushi to. shame. I can't wait.

2. Tokyo Disneyland: Let's be real, I'm trying to convince myself that I only need one day here. I don't really know how that is going to work out for me {hello, I work for Disney and this has kind of been a life-long dream}. But, I will definitely be here for one day, maybe two. Realistically I'll try and do Disney during the day and something else at night, but you never know with Disney Parks. They kind of suck you in!

3. A themed restaurant: Apparently, themed restaurants are ALL the rage in Tokyo and it is a unique experience. This one themed around Alice in Wonderland looks adorable, although I've spotted a few others on Trip Advisor {robots, ninjas, etc.}.

4. Shopping: My sister has recommended a few great places, and of course, there is ALWAYS Ginza.

5. Bike Tour: I love bike tours! They are always so fun and if you pick the right one, you'll get to see all of the sights without being confined to a large bus. I have my eye on this one because it covers SO many things in one day.

What do you recommend I do in Tokyo?

No comments:

Post a Comment