Friday, August 24, 2012

Moving Abroad

I'm such a book-addict, you guys. Books are how I get a LOT of information. If I'm lost in a city, I go find myself a bookstore. Aside from the fact that bookstores have maps {hallelujah} and travel books, they also generally have a calming affect on me.



So, you shouldn't be surprised when I say that I'm trying to calm my over-active nerves about this move by finding a book about living in China. Can I just stop right here and gush about the Moon travel book series? I've had nothing but good experiences with these books, and they were the first ones I looked for when I finally felt confident enough that my visa would be approved.

This one is no exception. Everything a potential ex-pat could want is in this book, including things like taxes, where to live, banking, food, immunizations, transportation, getting a cell phone {I could go on, and on, and on....}. Of course, I've learned a lot of these things online, but it will be nice to have a hard copy of something in case the internet doesn't work or I'm out and about. I'm fortunate that my company has also sent me a tourist book that I can use to find all of the things I want to do when I have time off so I don't have to purchase something separately.

Y'all, it's getting SO CLOSE! I'm a nervous wreck and trying to anticipate a lot of things {knowing that I will probably forget more than I remember} and soak up some time with family and friends.

Anyone else reading anything life changing?




1 comment:

  1. I bet you're getting so excited for your big move!

    ReplyDelete