Tuesday, April 03, 2012

A fun little meme

Hello new followers! Welcome to my blog!

Whenever I notice a big upswing in new followers I try and do something to introduce myself and tell you a little bit more about my life. So, when Cassie from Blue Jeans and Flip Flops tagged me in her meme, I thought that it was the perfect time to answer some of the questions she asked.

Here are the rules:

You must post the rules.
Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
Let them know you have tagged them.


And here are the questions and answers:


1) If you could find out the exact day & time you were going to die, would you do it?
No.  I don't believe that we're meant to know things like this for the precise reason that it will stress us out and cause us to be fearful.

2) Your first childhood memory?
At my Nanny's house {we lived with her}. I have pieces of memories from there. I remember going to this awesome place called Physical Whimsical and riding rides.  I remember getting a bike and a desk, and a play microwave for Christmas {I have no idea if it was the same year}. One time, in our little pool, I dumped a whole bunch of water onto a fire ant bed on the grass and watched the ants furiously crawl around. We also used to have this big turtle sandbox, and I remember sitting in it and playing in the sand. Speaking of sand, there used to be these drainage ditches in the front of the house. My sister and I used to "fish" in them {PVC pole with a string attached to a nut}. One time, I fell into the mud and had to take a loooong bath to get all the muck off.

3) If failure wasn't possible, what would you accomplish?
I'd give every child a fighting chance. I'd make healthcare affordable for every single person on this planet. I'd cure cancer. I'd cure HIV/AIDS. I'd colonize mars. I'd bring murderers and rapists to justice. I would make this country more sex positive and less accusatory and limiting to women. 

4) One song you could listen to for the rest of your life.
Chariot's Rise by Lizzie West.

5) You have a life altering disease.  You'll either lose your hearing or your sight.  Choose one.  Why?
Sight. I want to be able to read. Not being able to hear would be hard, but I want to be able to read with my eyes.

6) You've just hit the lotto.  How do you spend it?
Pay off my debts. Pay off my family's debts. Donate a {big} portion. Save the rest. 

7) Would you break the law to protect/save someone you loved?
Absolutely.

8) You're being taken away to a deserted island & you can only bring 5 items with you.  What are they?
Mirror {to signal for rescue}. Box of matches. Big nalgene with water purification. Kayak. 

9) Summer or winter?
Depends where I am. In Houston? Winter.

10) Your top 3 pet peeves?
People who don't signal on the freeway/obey traffic laws. People who have opinions but can't support them/don't know where they came from. Helicopter parents.

11) Why can you never find a pen & piece of paper when you desperately need them?
It's a psychological thing. If you didn't desperately need them, you wouldn't be panicked and you'd be able to find them, no problem-o!

I'm not tagging anyone specific here. Everyone I would have tagged has been otherwise tagged {I'm the late girl to the party!}. So, in typical fashion, I'm changing the rules! If you're new here {or just want to chat}, e-mail me with 5 fun facts about yourself! I'd love to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. I really admire how transparent you are with your views. A lot of bloggers shy away from tough topics and you don't. Its very refreshing! I loved reading more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete