Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Writing you a letter

Dear Readers:

How are you today? I hope all is well in your world. It certainly is in mine! There's just something I love about writing a blog post in the form of a letter, you know? It seems so much more personal and allows me to catch up with you on all the little things happening in my life that maybe don't deserve a blog post.

So, let's see. I'm still working on applying for a visa. It's a long, complicated process but ultimately, I believe it will be worth it. I can imagine myself strolling in a foreign city, soaking up the new sites, and sounds, and smells. I'm excited to sample the cuisine, and learn to shop among the markets without being charged too much. Admittedly, all of my past efforts in this have not been super successful.

When I'm not applying for a visa I'm either planning summer camp {squee!} or babysitting, or tutoring. My schedule is so uncertain, all the time. I'm used to not having any plans and filling my hours merely days before someone needs me. I like the balance, though, of playing with small children and watching them explore every. little. thing. contrasted with helping teenagers with algebra. It reminds me how much I miss learning math and science and engineering. We'll have to see about fixing that.


Speaking of summer camp, we're only two months away! It's very exciting, and a little nerve-wracking. I still need some staff {if you live in the Houston area or want to travel here, hit me up!}, but we're getting there. It's weird to think this will be my last summer at camp, at least for awhile. I will miss it.



You know what else I'm going to miss? Being on the challenge course. I re-certified last Friday, and I so love climbing to the top of the tower or pole 30 feet in the air, trusting my self-belay devices and my knowledge, being responsible for the hardware. I love encouraging participants to face their fears in a healthy, encouraging way, and celebrating with them when they meet their goals. I love pushing my body and doing just one more climb to help out a colleague or to learn how to perform a rescue. I will seriously miss it.





Right now, I must go. But please, do write back soon. Afterall, we're pen pals now, even if we're not using paper.

P.S. If you want to be paper pen-pals, let me know by sending me an e-mail lreichstein{at}gmail{dot}com and we'll get started!

P.P.S. If we're already paper pen-pals, don't worry, I haven't forgotten. I've just been caught in a whirlwind lately. You'll get mail soon, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment