Thursday, August 11, 2011

Buds!

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I showed you how much my little sunflower plant had grown? Well, this proud plant mama is happy to announce that my babies have moved into a bigger pot! Yep, they're now in a gargantuan {(compared to the first two)} clay pot.



And look:


Buds!  That one on the top is really just getting bigger and bigger everyday.  I'm pretty excited about it; I usually have terrible luck with plants {(um, maybe because I don't really know what I'm doing?)} so I love that this one plant is at least trying to survive in this nasty heat. Granted, I have to water it 2 times a day and move it in and out of the sun and wind, but its progress, people!

Not much in the way of gardens, Gussy, but you know what they say: small sunflower plant today, vegetable garden like these tomorrow!

{(photo credit)}
{(photo credit)}

Until then, how delicious/cute are these vegetable garden themed cakes? I was searching for vegetable garden pictures on Pinterest and couldn't resist showing these!

{(photo credit)}

{(photo credit)}

Happy Thursday, Friends!

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

4 comments:

  1. ooohhh... I LOVE the garden picture with the perfect rows. For an OCD freak like me that is perfection! ;o) Seeing the little flower/veggie buds come up is SO fun! It's one of the reasons I garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those cakes!! So adorable! And congratulations on your buds! So rewarding for something like that to pay off, huh? :) Super fun! I came over from Inspiration Workshop!

    -erin
    www.gracefilledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Sunflowers but I've never tried to grow one. Great job! Those cupcakes are adorable.

    Stopping by from Gussy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Gussy. Those vegetable cakes are too cute!

    www.findingbeautyintheordinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete