Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hong Kong

One of the reasons I chose to re-locate to Guangzhou is because of the proximity to both Hong Kong and other Southeast Asian countries. I'll get to see parts of the world which were difficult for me to see when I was in Tianjin.

I'll be honest: I'm not really a fan of Guangzhou. It's bigger and busier than Tianjin and I feel like I have NO personal space. Despite my loathing of big and busy cities {and I moved to China? I know}, Hong Kong is one of my very favorite places. The character just oozes out of every building there. It truly is east meets west, and I think, what most westerners first picture when they think of "what China is."

I went for the first time with my friend Olivia, from Tianjin. It was wonderful. Western manners, lots of English, and Chinese food. I had a fantastic time and have already been back several times.

Some highlights from my first three trips: Victoria Peak {gorgeous}, Disneyland, a ropes course, the JCC, and shopping. Lots of shopping. Y'all, I can't get enough of this place.









What are your favorite places?

No comments:

Post a Comment