Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Qingyuan

One of the nice things about working for a big company is that from time to time we get to do fun things as a "team building" project. Although I disagree on what they call "team-building" over here {sometimes, that just means dinner}, our trips are often pretty fun.

Last September {has it really been that long since I've been? Yikes!} we took a center-wide {my work location is called a "center"} trip to go "rafting." Well, it wasn't really rafting {no steering or paddle required}, but it WAS a lot of fun. Each person got into a "raft" with a partner, and you spent the next hour going down what is essentially a big water slide. The water was cool/cold, and surprisingly clean. I'm skeptical about the usefulness of the "safety equipment," {a dubious helmet and pfd combo}, but it was definitely a good time. 






As a bonus, we got to eat a catered lunch on a river boat on the way to the rafting spot. The whole thing was reminiscent of Schlitterbahn {oh, I miss Texas}, and makes me want to be in the Hill Country again. 





In October I returned to the same county to help lead adventure trips. The scenery is just beautiful, and it was so nice to be camping and biking again. It makes me crave more outdoor adventures! I have some plans in the works for Spring Festival (February) and also Christmas in the US. Whoop!

What adventures have you been on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment