Thursday, March 08, 2012

International Women's Day!

Happy International Women's Day, everyone! How fitting that today is also Purim {Jewish holiday celebrating the story in the Book of Esther} which has a female hero.

{These young girls in Jerusalem are dressed as Queen Esther}

Women are strong, ad beautiful, and important members of our world and our society. International Women's Day celebrates the progress we have made toward global equality, and towards recognizing that if you empower women to make their own choices that we have happier families, healthier children, and more productive economies.






WE did that, sisters! WE DID THAT!

There is still a way to go {and I am providing links at the end of this post}, but for today? Let's celebrate how far we have come.

Here are some resources and posts I loved:

10 things I want my daughter to know at Wildly Convinced and You're Uncommonly Beautiful.

The International Women's Day website.

V-Day. Until the Violence Stops

Sseko Designs: I don't have any of these yet, but I do love this mission.

Feel free to add any links to the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice regarding my blog and the whole 'no reply blogger' thing. I think I've managed to fix it so thanks so much for bringing it to my attention! I really appreciate it.

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete