Thursday, December 01, 2011

DIY: Snowman Ornament

Y'all! It's December! ....And it's cold in Texas. Will miracles never cease?

I'm still on my way back from my Road Trip {details to come soon} but I've been working on launching my ornament DIY series and what better opportunity to start than with Gussy's Inspiration Workshop prompt this week?


I personally adore homemade ornanment and trees that *DON'T look like they came from some designer store. This little guy is freakin' adorable, if I do say so myself, and definitely fits into my love of a homemade Christmas. He was inspired by a trip to Hobby Lobby, and this project is SO easy to customize to your tastes. You can make any kind of snowman that you want!

Supplies:
Empty glass ornament
Fake snow {you could also fill with white paint}
Little black pom poms for the eyes and mouth
Orange pipe cleaner
Pencil
Hot glue gun  with glue sticks
Piece of paper
Ribbon of choice

Directions:
Use the paper to make a funnel and remove the "cap" on
Fill ornament with fake snow {hint: plan to vacuum immediately if you have dogs or kids who might decide to eat this stuff. It is impossible to swiffer or sweep up}


Replace the "cap" on the ornament.
Use the hot glue gun to glue on eyes and mouth in any design!



Wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil to make a carrot shape.



Glue onto the ornament.
Tie a piece of ribbon through the top and finish in a bow.


Viola! You now have a snowman ornament! I'll have another ornament DIY on Sunday inspired by this ornament featured on Gussy's blog. It'll definitely have a shiny twist!



Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!



P.S. Don't forget that I still have a giveaway with some GORGEOUS cards running. Not many have entered so you have a great chance of winning!

P.P.S My camera is being wonky. I apologize for the blurry photos!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! I'm visiting from Gussy Sews and I have to say, it looks like we have a lot in common! I also live my life in flip-flops (right now I live in Hawaii, so that's pretty much a must-do), put book reviews on my blog, knit and love to travel! I see you're reading "Inheritance." I just read "Eragon" and loved it! If you're interested, my blog is at http://lindzlibrary.blogspot.com/.

    P.S. Love your snowman ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him! I collect at least one new snowman ornament each year, and this would be a really cute addition! :)

    ReplyDelete