Thursday, November 24, 2011

Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Yes, I know I've tagged this as a Thanksgiving recipe.

Yes, I know that you all had a lot going on for Thanksgiving and your OWN recipes to handle{potentially along with small children, your in-laws, and that weird cousin you have to watch. like. a hawk}.

BUT. If I have learned one thing, it is I always forget about breakfast on Thanksgiving Day. Did you know that if you don't eat breakfast you're more likely to overeat? I personally hate doing that because then I'm *miserable* all day. Much better to eat less and then have kick-ass leftovers, no?


So, here's a quick, easy, pumpkin muffin recipe to get everyone going. Bonus? You can probably use this for dessert too. Aaaand, it only requires on bowl, one measuring cup, a muffin tin, and a spoon. Yay for less dishes.

I basically copied this pumpkin muffin recipe from Smitten Kitchen {heart her!} with a few minor changes. According to the comments, these are pretty hard to mess up.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 can pumpkin puree {NOT pumpkin pie filling}
non-stick spray

Directions: 
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl except for 1 tablespoon of sugar and the cinnamon.
Beat eggs with oil {I just did this in the measuring cup}.
Add to dry ingredients along with pumpkin puree.
Stir until just combined.


Spoon into muffin tin sprayed with non-stick spray.


Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of muffins.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.


Let cool!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment