Thursday, November 03, 2011

Flowers from Disney World

It's been a little while since I promised to share more of my past adventures {and, of course, I can't find the original post, so I can't link to it} but I haven't done it for several reasons:

1. I haven't had many new adventures,

and

2. I've been looking for a job which is, in itself, a full-time job.

But then, Gussy announced her prompt for this week's Inspiration Workshop as flowers, and I started thinking. My adventures always include flowers because I. love. flowers. I adore them. One day, I'll have an overflowing garden {you know, once I can grow something other than sunflowers} with vegetables and beautiful flowers.

{Taken in a park in Sydney}

And this thought made me think of something I don't think I've really shared on this blog. Did you know I used to work at Disney World? I did! It was seriously one of the best jobs I have ever had. I would go back there in a milli-second if they had openings in my area of expertise. 

While I was doing my internship with the Disney College Program {yes, you should do it if you're in college. Just. Do. It} EPCOT was hosting the Flower and Garden festival. And wouldn't you know, that of all the {thousands} of pictures I took there, these are some of my most cherished?

{This flower butterfly was outside of a butterfly tent near Test Track in Future World}

{Gorgeous flowerscape near the International Gateway. And you can see Spaceship Earth!}
 Especially these:
{Bambi in Canada}

{Pirate Donald and Pluto. Side note: I feel like I look super young here}

{Captain Hook's ship at the entrance}


And here is my all-time favorite. Love me some Minnie Mouse.



 What inspires you about flowers?


Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! The picture of Bambi is my fave! I love Disney World but I haven't been in ages.

    ReplyDelete