Monday, October 03, 2011

NPR's Ultimate Sci-Fi & Fantasy

You know how I love lists. You have noticed that I love to read them, and see if I've done things or seen things on them, right? This one is near and dear to my heart. It's the reader's choice of the top 100 Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels of all time. Epic, right?

It's got some favorites, of course. Ender's Game, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, The Mists of Avalon. They're all there.

Some are surprising: The Time Traveler's Wife, for instance, or The Handmaid's Tale.

You know what else is surprising {and somewhat shameful}? I've only read 14 of these books. Are. you. kidding. me? You're looking {sort of} at the girl who took a Science Fiction Literature class in college for absolutely no good reason {except, I love sci fi}! And, in that class we read many of the books on this list!

::sigh::

I have the first Outlander on my kindle. The Handmaid's Tale has been on my list. 1984, & Fahrenheit 451 should be {how have I never read those?!} and will be, probably, eventually. No need to look like the uneducated girl on smart literary blogs, you know!

What are your favorite Sci-Fi novels?

No comments:

Post a Comment