Monday, September 19, 2011

Crock-Pot Pepper Steak



We were sitting in the living room, my madre and I, and she said, "you know, we really need to find a good pepper steak recipe."

"Done, and done," said I {mmk, I didn't *really* say that, but I did quickly locate a recipe on Pinterest}.

I was expecting a tangy, spicy recreation, similar to my stand-by order from my favorite college Chinese Takeout place. This wasn't it, despite what the reviews say.

However, it WAS delicious. Rave reviews from both parents {THAT, my friends, is rare}. And, it was SUPER easy. Yum.

{Dump and turn-on: how easy is that?}
 I copied this recipe from Food.com. I did not add the garlic {Couldn't find it. It was in the back of the fridge. Oops.} or the red pepper flakes {The madre does not do spicy}, and it was STILL. SO. GOOD.

You must try it.

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless beef chuck steak {I used 2.5}
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1green bell pepper, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 yellow onion, sliced into half rings
1 tomato, diced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Slice the steak into strips.
Saute in olive oil until most pieces are brown.
Dump into crock-pot.
Add julienned/diced veggies into crock-pot.
Combine teriyaki sauce, Worcestireshire sauce, flour, brown sugar, and beef broth in bowl or large mixing cup.
Pour over meat and veggies.
Cook on low approximately 7 hours.
Thicken if desired {see the bottom of this post on thickening}
Serve over rice!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment