Sunday, August 28, 2011

To read:

One of my long-standing habits is to have more books to read than I can read in a short period of time. It really is one of the only weaknesses that I have with respect to buying and keeping stuff. I always seem to have piles and piles of books to-be-read, and while I've gotten better about not buying full-price books and using sites like Paperback Swap and buying heavily discounted e-books at Amazon.com.


I recently acquired a dozen {give or take} books for not-very-much-money that are now on my Kindle or beside table, and I would love to be done with all of them by the end of the year. We'll see about that, but this is what I have to work with:


Hardcopy:
Possession; A Romance, A. S. Byatt
The Radioactive Boyscout, Ken Silverstein
Sword of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley
Mistress of the Revolution, Katherine Delors
Space, James A. Michener
The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Alison Weir
To Dance With Kings, Rosalind Laker
Where Men Win Glory, Jon Krakauer
Best of Friends, Worst of Enemies: Understanding the Social Lives of Children; Michael Thompson and Catherine O'Neill Grace
Becoming Adult: How Teenagers Prepare for the World of Work; Mihaly Cziksentmihalyi and Barbara Schneider

Kindle:
Bridge to Terebithia, Katherine Paterson and Donna Diamond
Bewitching, Jill Barnett
Sex and the River Styx, Edward Hoagland and Frank Mosher
The Geography of Bliss, Eric Weiner
A View to Kiss, Caroline Linden
Snow Crash, Neil Stephenson
The Courtesan: A Novel; Susan Carroll
Nature and the Human Soul, Bill Plotkin

A sizeable list, but one I am looking forward to attacking with relish!

What's on your book list?

No comments:

Post a Comment