Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Letting go

I've never not had a plan. And I mean never. There has always been something ahead, even if the something was only supposed to last for a few months.

Yet, here I am, without a plan. Well, that's not true. I'm applying for jobs. I'm writing. I'm focusing on some non-professional, non-academic goals {(more on that later this week)}. But, I don't have a coherent, this-is-for-sure-what's-going-to-happen plan.

I'll be honest, I feel kind of vulnerable. And more than a little nervous. What if I don't find something. What if I'm over qualified? What if, what if, what if?

But now is not the time to second-guess myself. I am capable. I am informed. I am resourceful. And frankly, I am not the only one in this position. There are many, many people in worse situations than myself. I have a comfortable place to live, food, internet to apply for jobs, and a small {(very small!)} savings that I can use to relocate, buy interview clothes, or pay a deposit on an apartment.  I have some great friends, a supportive family, and some wonderful potential opportunities {(though not jobs)} in store. 

And maybe, just maybe, I'm not supposed to know what I'm doing right now. Maybe I'm supposed to focus more on my personal growth, or learn to be patient. Maybe. So, later this week, or early next week, I'm going to post some new goals of mine that focus on what I can accomplish while I play the waiting game.


Thank you for joining me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment