Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Front Porch

I have to admit, camp is over now, and I miss the view from the front porch of the office. It was beautiful, breezy, and full of salty goodness. ::sigh::

I'm reminded of my dreams as a kid; all I wanted was a hammock, a roller coaster, and a garden. That's not too much to ask, right? I mean, I was even going to build the rollercoaster out of wood. I was about 5 when I decided this btw.

As an adult, I am happy to say, I'm a tad more realistic. I still want a hammock.

{(photo credit)}
And a garden.

{(photo credit)}

{(photo credit)}
And perhaps some space for crafting, serving lemonade, and watching the passers-by.

I imagine a dog sitting at my feet and idly licking my toes {(which will of course be bare!)}, and gazing at me adoringly.

{(photo credit)}

Perhaps, if I'm at that stage in life, there will be frolicking children running in and out of a sprinkler and an oh-so-useful husband nearby bringing me said lemonade or perhaps a homemade smoothie.

{(photo credit)}
All the while, I will lay in my hammock with a good book soaking up life.

What does your dream front porch look like?

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the teal chain with flowers!!!! Coming from Gussy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about a hammock! Love your pics and that cool, strawberry drink in the last one. Stopping by from Gussy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I just saw your bungee jumping pic. Makes me think about back in the day when I did it out of a cable car suspended over a ravine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh....a hammock!! LOVE that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Thanks for following me :) I just followed you, too! Love that puppy, ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me daydream for a moment :) It would look oddly similar to your vision... maybe minus the kids (not sure yet on that one). Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the old chair, I have one in my garden that straddles a Peony bush, but once the peonies are gone that would be the perfect thing for it.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete