Thursday, July 07, 2011

Spa Crafts (Day 7)

I've been meaning to get off my butt and add to my craft page for awhile, and well, life happened. But then Gussy sent out her prompt for this week's inspiration workshop, and I knew I had to share my crafty spa secrets with you!


These are affordable, easy, and best of all, make it easy peasy for you to pamper yourself. I find this especially helpful now that I am surrounded by snarky pre-teens and crises tend happen every, oh, 3 seconds.




This is one of my oldest ideas, and it came straight outta summer camp. The very first year I started we had "kitchen cosmetics" and I was simply amazed that this sugar scrub worked better than the stuff I paid a whole lotta my meager salary for.

Supplies:
Jar {(or tupperware, or whatever)}
Stickers {(or something to decorate your jar with)}
Sugar
Baby Oil

Directions:
Combine sugar and baby oil in decorated jar until you get the consistency you want. I used scrapbook stickers and a jar I found at Hobby Lobby. Total cost for entire project: less than $5. We had a discussion in the office when I was making the sugar scrub about fragrance. Apparently some people do not like the smell of baby oil. If that is you, feel free to add a couple drops of fragrance or essential oil. I, personally love the smell of baby oil, so I never do this.



Now, this one is a recent find. And, I'll be honest, I didn't actually make this candle. I sent the little creamer dish with some campers and had them pour the wax inside.

Supplies:
Soy wax flakes {(Can be found at candle supply places or craft stores)}
Vessel {(jar, candle holder, whatever)}
Wick {(can find at craft stores ot candle supply)}
Decoration for vessel
Crock-pot {(I recommend a separate one from one you cook in)}

Directions:
Melt the wax flakes in a crock pot. It'll look yellowish, kind of like pee, but also a little like melted butter or hot oil.
Pour the wax into your vessel then add the wick {(it shouldn't have any issues standing up)}.
Let cool, then decorate your vessel. I chose a pastel acryllic paint, and more scrapbooking stickers.

Enjoy!

How do you pamper yourself? I'd love to hear more craft ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment