Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mom blogs and feminism

I'm sure you've noticed that I tend to read Mom blogs.  Nobody panic: I am not trying to launch myself into motherhood (just ask the small children running around at my feet in Muldoon's). However, Mom blogs tend to have 1) recipes, 2) craft tutorials, 3) info. about coupons and being frugal. So, really they describe me, sans kids.

One of my favorites can be found on The Chron's website in their MomHouston section.

Nicki Woo is just, well, wonderful.  She's what I want to be when I grow up.  She's real, cooks, she crafts, and, well, she's a feminist.  And, I love feminists, particularly Nicki's type (and admittedly mine) who don't advocate for one type of woman (ie the career woman, the stay-at-home-mom).  Rather, we advocate for choice.

So, you should go read this post.  There's a pretty fun recipe at the bottom, but I just really enjoy the part at the top.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment