Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Magic Water Park: AKA The Water Cube

{The Bird's Nest. Just had to throw that in here because it was a "blue sky" day in Beijing}

{Where the Olympic magic happened!}






One day last winter I was sitting in bed, trying not to shiver. I turned on the TV and found {miraculously} an English-language documentary on things-to-do-in-Beijing-when-its-cold. As it turns out, there is a water park in the water cube. I immediately added that to my "China Bucket List."

I finally got the chance to go when a friend of mine decided to go for her birthday, and, it was a blast! Though small compared to Schlitterbahn, this little park packs a punch and most of the slides are pretty fun. The wave pool is a bit crowded, but for those of us who live in Asia, this is nothing new or terrible. It was pretty funny, though: most of the folks here don't know how to swim, so there was a solid line of people in the wave pool where it becomes too deep to stand. Those of us who could swim got some free space to tread for awhile.

I'm glad I got the chance to do something new in such a fun location!

What new things have you tried lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment