Sunday, May 27, 2012

Birthday at the Train Museum

How many of you Houston folks know we have a train museum in Galveston? When I was a kid, I got to spend the night there with my Girl Scout troop. I remember being super disappointed that I couldn't sleep in one of the sleeper cars {only to be grateful because *I* got to sleep in air conditioning, and the people in the sleeper cars didn't!}. So, it was kind of cool when my uncle came to visit and wanted to go and see the trains on my birthday.


Of course, my camera died about halfway through, but I did get some scratchy shots on my {dumb-as opposed to smart} phone. I apologize in advance.

The museum is pretty cool. They have dozens of trains {some of which they're still working on replacing after Ike a few years ago} and a few engines.

We were only able to go into one or two, but thankfully there was quite a lot to see.





My favorite part?  The lobby where they have plaster statues. People had to stand there in these poses while the plaster dried. Now, I've done some art modeling in my time, and let me tell you, it's hard to stay in positions like this even for a few minutes let alone hours and hours.  

What cool things have you seen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment