Sunday, December 11, 2011

DIY: Lucky Stars Christmas Ornament

Y'all, I am so excited about sharing this ornament with you. So excited!

I first saw this ornament on Gussy's blog.






The original poster used book pages, but y'all know how I am about books. I couldn't do it. I'm also a bit of a sucker for shiny things this season, so my version uses shiny foil paper instead. Of course, this craft easy to customize to your own tastes and the amount of room you have on your tree!



Supplies:
One empty glass ornament 
1 package of lucky stars paper strips {I found mine here}
Ribbon

Directions:
Learn how to fold a lucky star. I tried to make a how-to, and...it was clear as mud. So, I suggest going here, or watching this YouTube video.

Once you have a whole pile of lucky stars, put them inside your ornament until you've filled it as high as you want.
Put the top back in {or you might lose all of your stars}.
Tie a ribbon through the top and finish with a bow!


Enjoy your brand-new, low cost ornament!

No comments:

Post a Comment