Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Christmas Recap

Oh, the weather outside was frightful. Actually it wasn't. It was only about 45 here in southeast Tejas {and now it's 60}. But it definitely has been a Merry Christmas at this house! I think I mentioned that my house my parents' house turns into a kind-of Christmas/winter attraction. I thought I'd show you around!

The tree. We love tinsel in our family. There are also always lots of presents {more arrived after I took this picture a few days ago}. There are 7 of us and we all give to each other, so those mythical piles? Yeah, those are real at my house.



The extra presents that don't fit under the tree.


The mantel. This year is actually the first year that we're hanging stockings from the mantel and not pinning them to the wall. And, contrary to popular belief, the ginormous stockings do not belong to me and my sister. They're my aunts'. Jamie and I still use the same teddy bear stockings we've used since we were every young. They used to sing when you squeezed a paw, but sadly they're on their way out now. We play them once a year for old time's sake, but we're scared to do anymore than that.

Candy Canes we painted when we were little.


Yarn Santa.


The BOSS. AKA, Mickey Mouse. Ahem.


Frosty's hat with ornaments.

Lots of old classics, and some new favorites. I do love this season!

Merry {Belated} Christmas to all of you, or Happy whichever holiday you celebrate! I hope Santa was good to you and that you all have a wonderful New Year {but don't worry, I'll still be posting}!

No comments:

Post a Comment