Sunday, October 09, 2011

Honey Apple Bread with Walnuts

I have been clamoring to make apple bread ever since I stumbled upon this recipe. Rosh Hashanah seemed like the perfect time to make anything to do with apples {nevermind that Rosh Hashanah was two weeks ago; I'm slow, OK?}, so I added some honey, replaced the oil with applesauce, pumped up the apples and walnuts and snuck in a little bit of whole wheat flour. The result?


Well, you can judge for yourself, but I was mighty impressed with it. It's moist, chock full of apples and walnuts, and is just yummy! It's also ridiculously easy {you should know that I love easy recipes by now}.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup applesauce
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon cinnamon {I admit, I just sorta....sprinkled some in, I have no idea how much}
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
3 smallish to medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
3/4 cup broken or chopped walnuts

Directions:
Sift/mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Combine with remaining ingredients {apples, egg, walnuts, applesauce & honey}.
Grease a loaf pan and dump ingredients into it.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment