Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A little snag

So, this camp director thing is awesome. I love, LOVE my job. I love my staff, I {(usually)} love my kids. But, it does not leave much time for blogging. I have been trying, very hard, to take photos, to write about them, to think about what would be interesting and funny, and make you smile.

Yet, life as camp director is so varied that one week I can write and write and write. The kids are having a blast, there are no injuries, nobody is homesick. And then you have weeks where you get phone calls from parents every 5 seconds, make several trips to the doctor with campers and staff and the health department shows up {yup, that was last week!}. And that doesn't even count the fights, the homesickness, and other random little issues. So, in the interest of the kids and keeping camp running, the blog has fallen by the wayside.

I still am going to share with you. We have 2 more weeks and I am trying to document every moment - summer camp comes but once a year and I love going back and reminding myself that I love this, that I need this. But, I don't think I'll make it to 30 days.

Lesson learned: don't try and do too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment