Friday, March 11, 2011

Even I'm not this big of a nerd...

If you don't know me personally, then you don't know that I have a problem with PDA. Kind of. I tend to want to throw up when I see that in love couple climbing into each other's laps at Chili's. Or necking at Starbucks. And I'm studying sexuality (I'll be able to talk about that soon!), so it has to be bad when I want to leave (or make them) leave.

That being said, I love me a good marriage proposal. Not that I'd want to be on the receiving end of say, a Disney parade proposal (well, ok, I would kind of love that) or a seventh inning stretch proposal (no thank you), but it's fun to see how creative people can be when they put their mind to it.

The real reason for this post, though, is to almost cringe at the end of this video.  A guy begged William Shatner (Captain Kirk) to orchestrate a Star Trek proposal. Now, I'm a Trekkie/Trekker/Trekken (sad that I know the differences between those, no?), who owns action figures, and collectible glasses, and has read many a Star Trek novel. But, I don't think I could keep a straight face. I just don't think I could do it. So, potential fiances out there, no William Shatner. K?

Unfortunately, it won't let me embed, so I just have a link.  ::sigh::  But, it is well worth it to see the end. 


1 comment:

  1. Lol that's kinda cute! Not for me, but still. I think it would have been better if Shatner had dressed up ;-)...maybe then it wouldn't have felt as awkward. Ok, maybe not even then lol. But still, she liked it, so good for them! :-D
    And now I want to go watch Star Trek lol.

    ReplyDelete