Friday, November 26, 2010

Applesauce Spice Muffins

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm sure you're looking for something else to eat, right?  Even if you're not, you will at some point, and when you do, you should try these muffins.  They don't really taste like apples but they are a really good little spice muffin that tastes like fall and makes me feel warm.

I adapted this recipe from Orangefishy's Applesauce muffin recipe found here.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar (reduced from 1 1/2 cup)-I actually ran out of sugar so I probably used something like 3/4 cup.
1/4 cup butter, softened (I, erm, accidentally melted mine when I tried to soften it in the microwave....oops).
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour (changed from all-purpose).
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground gloves (I *like* this much clove, but my family has been grumbling about it, so, be warned)
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of nutmeg
1.5-2 cups unsweetened applesauce (increased from 1 to make up for the sugar and butter I took out)

Directions:
Mix sugar and butter.
Add eggs and stir.
Add flour, soda and powder, applesauce and stir.
Add spices and stir.
Fill muffin pan with cup liners, or use Pam-type product.
Fill cups about 3/4 of the way with the batter.
Bake at 350 for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the middle comes out clean.

The recipe makes around 18 muffins (I made mine a bit bigger yesterday so I only got 16) and tastes wonderful warm!

Enjoy!
Add

No comments:

Post a Comment