Monday, September 20, 2010

Wake up and smell the yogurt...

I was all set to make this post entirely about the coupon I received for my favorite (expensive) yogurt when I went grocery shopping. I bought one (ONE) 6oz container and at the register a coupon printed for 50 cents off my next purchase of 4 or more containers of this yogurt. Score! It's particularly exciting because this yogurt never goes on sale and puts out coupons once every six months. Definitely something to be thankful for.

But....

Something more exciting happened. Last week I borrowed a book from the library from the course reserves section. Books in the reserves section can only be checked out for 4 hours at a time, and if returned late are charged $1.80 per hour over time. I forgot this book was in the reserves section and returned it...this afternoon. This means that I had a fine for over $100. That's ALOT of money.

When I returned the book I made puppy dog eyes, I took full responsibility, I asked if there was anything the nice book return lady could do. She sighed, pressed her lips together, and reluctantly asked for my ID card. I said the magic words: I'm the TA for the professor who put this book on hold. No more $100 fine. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment